SPIE Best Paper Awards
David Seč, Nuria Petit Garrido, Volodymyr Borshch and Kirsty Walls were awarded the SPIE Best Paper award for their posters presentations at the I-CAMP summer school poster sessions in Montevideo, Buenos-Aires and Corrientes, respectively. Their presentation has been selected for the Best Paper Award based on the rankings given by the Invited Speakers and local organizers at the respective poster sessions. They received the Award Certificate, a check and the complementary SPIE membership (free of charge).
University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Defect structures in cholesteric droplets
Nuria Petit Garrido
University of Barcelona, Spain
Healing of defects at the interface of 2D and 3D orientationally ordered soft matter systems
Kent State University, United States
Induced biaxial order vs fluctuations quenching: the effect of strong electric fields on negative dielectric anisotropy nematic liquid crystal
University of Glasgow, Scotland
Nanophotonic devices for digital imaging utilising a genetic algorithm search method
Outreach Forum and Early-Career Resources
The I-CAMP summer school will be held in conjunction with an Outreach Forum, which will allow the researchers to share their experience and advances not only in research but also in conducting outreach and disseminating scientific knowledge. All outreach-related lectures will be completely open to public and advertized as such. The industrial partners will be asked to exhibit their products during the breaks and poster sessions. There will be no required registration fee to participate in the outreach and early-career parts of the I-CAMP Summer School Program in order to promote participation by young scientists and general public.
Early Career Program Features
- Graduate students and postdocs are strongly encouraged to attend and present at the workshop.
- Up to 20 travel/participation fellowships are available to defray participation-related expenses of young scientists.
- We will strive to provide inexpensive housing for the junior scientists participating in the I-CAMP summer school.
- A special Career Development Program for early-career scientists is planned (including presentations on CV writing & job searching skills).
- Best Student Poster Presentations Prizes will be awarded.
- Students and postdocs at the organizing institutions in China and USA will be actively involved in organizing the summer school.
- We will hold three poster sessions (one per each week/topic of the school) & will strive to provide an ideal setting for interactions between senior & junior scientists.
- We strongly encourage the workshop participants to develop collaborations and take advantage of the ICAM-I2CAM exchange awards in order to pursue research projects related to the topics of the I-CAMP summer school.