Planned Sequence of Events:
Summer School Locations:
- Hangzhou and Zhejiang University(Week 1);
- Shanghai and Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics (SINAP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) (Week 1);
- Qingdao , Ocean University of China and Hisense Group (Week 2);
- Beijing and Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) (Week 3).
- Great Wall (Beijing)
- Forbidden City (Beijing)
- The Summer Palace(Beijing)
- West Lake (Hangzhou)
- Lab Tour to Center of Optical and Electromagnetic Research (Hangzhou)
- Huangpu River (Shanghai)
- Old Shanghai Town/ Garden(Shanghai)
- Lab Tour to SINAP and Shanghai Lightsource of SINAP (Shanghai)
- Beach and Hisense(Qingdao)
- June 28: Arrive at Shanghai international airport( We will arrange helpers to pick you up to Hangzhou), or arrive in Hangzhou directly for domestic students;
- July 2: We will arrange shuttle to go to Shanghai;
- July 5: We will fly to Qingdao from Shanghai. The full price of airticket is around $108 (740RMB), and we could get it with 40% discount according to the number of people;
- July 11: We will leave for Beijing by CHR train (D62), and the price for first class is about $48 ( 330RMB), second class $40 (275RMB).
- July 19: Leave for Shanghai international airport or go to Beijing international airport directly for leaving China; for domestic student, leave Beijing by train or airplane.
We have developed a variety of sponsorship opportunities that will enable your company or organization to effectively partner with the I-CAMP Summer School and receive the maximum benefits for your contribution. This sponsorship program is designed to create a successful opportunity for industrial and scientific organizations to ensure successful networking and exposure opportunities before, during and after the conference. Due to limited sponsorship opportunities and to ensure maximum exposure for your company or organization, please select and reserve your sponsorship opportunity as soon as possible. Benefits will include acknowledgement in the Summer School program book and at the conference; in addition, Company logo on the I-CAMP website will be linked to the Company web page. The following are currently available sponsorship opportunities:
- Major Conference Sponsorship - $10,000 or more;
- Welcome Reception - $7,500;
- Three Dinner Receptions - $5,000;
- Three Lunch Receptions - $2,500;
- Three Best Paper Awards for Students - $1,000;
- Ten Refreshment Breaks - $500.
Please contact Annett Baumgartner at Annett.Baumgartner@Colorado.EDU to discuss the details related to the transfer of funds. If you are located in China and would like to make a contribution in Yuan currency, please contact email@example.com. Please contact Prof. Sailing He at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ivan Smalyukh at ivan.smalyukh@Colorado.edu if you would like to discuss the details of I-CAMP sponsorship.
We can provide local cellphone chip to every student in order to connect each other. And we also provide help line in case you are in trouble.
Opportunity of Total Solar Eclipse Viewing
Join Dr. Doug Duncan, ex-National Public Radio “Science Guy” and China experts from “A Bridge to China” for and unforgettable experience: dynamic China and fascinating Tibet. Add in Nature’s most astonishing spectacle: a total eclipse of the sun on July 22, 2009. During the I-CAMP Summer School in Beijing, Dr. Duncan and his colleague will give talks on physics education and we will visit Beijing Planetarium.
The following picture shows the track of total solar eclipse. For more details, please see http://www.abridgetochina.net/Home/Total+Solar+Eclipse+2009/default.aspx and http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2009/TSE2009.html